VACANCIES: PROJECT OFFICER – SUPERVISION, PROJECT OFFICER – PROCUREMENT
The KATSINA STATE GOVERNMENT has applied for credit from the International Development Association (IDA) arm of the World Bank towards the implementation of the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP) AF.
The Objective of the CSDP is to increase access of people (in rural communities) in the state to improved Social and Natural Resources Infrastructure Services in a sustainable manner through the provision of grant support to communities.
The Katrina State Agency for Community and Social Development Project now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from the Public and Private sector for recruitment into the following positions.
POSITION: PROJECT OFFICER – SUPERVISION (1NO)
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of operations officers.
- Regular and timely liaison with other Project Officers for deployment of operations officers for field level activities.
- Assist in the provision of technical advice on all engineering works e.g. construction/rehabilitation of infrastructure, erosion control bands, feeder road construction etc.
- In close liaison with relevant state ministries, departments, agency(ies) ensure the adoption of state approved standard technical designs for social infrastructure;
- Ensure compliance with state level technical specification/standards for all social infrastructure.
- Prepare budget and work plan for supervision of CDPs and micro- projects contained therein;
- Provide guidance to Operations Officers designated to undertake supervision.
- Regularly submit monthly supervision reports to the managers Operations and M&F;
- Provide specific reports on supervision as may be requested by any of the Managers and the General Manager.
- Assist in organizing training for line ministries, LGA, LGRC and Operations Officers in social infrastructure operations and maintenance liaise with the relevant state agency for certification for all social infrastructure at completion.
- Directly responsible to the Operations Manager.
- Any other duty (ies) assigned by the Manager Operations.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
At least a degree in Engineering, Architecture, Social And Natural Sciences with at least, five (5) years experience in design and/or supervision of social infrastructure construction. Computer literacy is essential and experience in implementing community level infrastructure is an added advantage.
POSITION: PROJECT OFFICER – PROCUREMENT (1NO)
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be responsible for procurement at the SA including procurement planning, design, implementation, management and training;
- Be responsible for the preparation of bid documents (inclusive technical specifications) for the acquisition of goods/services;
- Serve as Secretary of all evaluation and selection of consultants and suppliers within agreed processes;
- Effectively manage all contracts and ensure that deliveries (quality/quantity/time) are in line with contract provisions;
- Ensure appropriate sanctions are applied on defaulting contractors;
- Provide training on procurement and community contracting to Operations Officers;
- Provide assistance to financial officers on contractual disbursement;
- Ensure that CPMCs adhere to procurement procedures and guidelines;
- Prepare and submit procurement status reports on a quarterly basis as part of financial monitoring report;
- Prepare evaluation reports for all evaluation of goods and services;
- Maintain comprehensive procurement unit cost database to be used in preparing a Project Cost Document and provide up to date information on all procurement at the SA;
- Ensure that procurement plans are implemented as scheduled;
- Provide training to the communities on community contracting.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the General Manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
At least a first degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Architecture, Marketing, Purchasing and Supply or related field, with at least 5 years post qualification experience part of which must relate to procurement in a foreign funded Agency or State Government due process Office. Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in community contracting is an added advantage.
SUBMISSION AND CLOSING DATE
The Katsina State Community and Social Development Agency (KTCSDA) request for 10 copies each of Application and Curriculum Vitae (CV) from eligible Candidates for the above positions to be submitted and received within 3 weeks from the date of this advertisement (22 November) to the Office of the:
Katsina State Agency for Community & Social
KM3 Tafawa Balewa Way, (Dutsin-ma Road) Katrina, Katsina State.