VACANCIES: MONITORING AND EVALUATION MANAGER, PROJECT OFFICER – MONITORING AND EVALUATION, PROJECT OFFICER- IEC AND TRAINING
The FEDERAL GOVERNMENT has applied for and obtained Additional Financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP). The Kwara State Community and Social Development Agency (KWCSDA) established by the State Government to co-ordinate the implementation or the project in the State now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from the public or private sector fur recruitment Into the following positions.
POSITION: MONITORING AND EVALUATION MANAGER
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
A university degree in Agriculture Statistics, Social Sciences, Engineering, Extension Services or Project Management, with at least twelve years post qualification experience Knowledge of Computer is mandatory. Previous experience in project monitoring and evaluation shall be an added advantage
The MEM Manager shall:
- Ensure the maintenance of records of all types of data and information or
- SA activities.
- Oversee the Monitoring and Evaluation Department and coordinate the activities of the MIS and M&E Units:
- Provide guidelines and guidance for the operations of the MIS and M&E
- Units to meet the expectations of the SA;
- Liaise with the LGRC and other Departments of the SA for M&E purposes and working with the communities to ensure effective participatory implementation monitoring and evaluation of CDPs and micro-projects;
- Consolidate annual budget and work-plan for the department;
- Design field data collection and collation formats for the SA;
- Develop Terms of Reference (ToR) and provide guidance for all M&E studies;
- Liaise with the Operations and Finance and Administration Departments to collect and collate data for tracking of key activities of the SA (budget performance financial matters like costing/pricing of CSDP activities in the State operations, etc.), and
- Provide cumulative records, analysis and statistics of activities over time to guide operations and provide information base for planning and future evaluation; and
- Coordinating the planning activities of the SA and tracking problems, and informing management at early stages.
POSITION: PROJECT OFFICER – MONITORING AND EVALUATION
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
At least a first degree in Social Sciences, Statistics Natural Sciences, Rural development and related fields, with at least 5 years post qualification experience part of which must relate to monitoring, and evaluation of community based initiatives. Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in Community Driven Development (CDD) is an added advantage
- Responsible for data collection collation and analysis for field level activities
- Provide implementation assistance to M&E Manager
- Compilation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Monitor progress towards attainment of targets and to adapt targets to realities.
- Provide an improved foundation for planning effective resource use;
- Identify un-acceptably high cost interventions and operations.
- Provide record of events.
- Provide information base for future evaluations, maintain quality standards.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the General Manager.
POSITION: PROJECT OFFICER, IEC AND TRAINING
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
At least 3 first degree in Social Sciences, Natural Resources Sciences, Rural Environmental Development, Agriculture extension with at least 5 years post qualification experience part of which must relate to training and social analysis, especially rural appraisals. Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in community level facilitation and mobilization is an added advantage.
- Supervise end carry out promotions and outreach programme to create awareness of SA activities.
- Facilitate the carrying out of advocacy for the CSDP at the state level through Information, Education and Communication (IEC) campaigns;
- Ensure linkage with relevants on ministries/agencies on integrating collective action and mobilization of resources, for sectorial development plans;
- Undertake regular skill gap analysts of line ministries, LGRC and CPMC members and identify requisite training to address them.
- Supervise, in liaison with relevant SA staff and line ministries staff all training delivery to CPMCs and LGRCs;
- Prepare budget estimates and annual work plan for training, Information, education and communication activities of the SA;
- Maintain links with and update knowledge of other agency programmes on advocacy, sensitization and awareness and communication;
- Be Responsible for preparing periodic reports on progress in advocacy, mobilisation and awareness, measured against the targets of annual well plans and legal funding requirements (e.g. IDA/donor requirements);
- Responsible for communication materials development;
- Organize learning events for stakeholders;
- Coordinate and facilitate CDD cross-learning events and information sharing amongst stakeholders;
- Monitoring and coordination of Information, Education and Communication activities;
- Any other duties as may be assigned By the General Manager.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants from public or private sector should submit ten (10) copies of handwritten application with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Photocopies of certificates NOT LATER THAN TWO (2) WEEKS from the date of this advertisement (20 December, 2019) to the address below.
Applicants from the public service should apply through their Head of Agencies Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
The General Manager,
Kwara State Community and Social
No. 1, Lajorin (High Court) Road Ilorin,