LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
GRANT MANAGEMENT UNIT
The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) for Integrated Global Fund (GF) Grant comprising of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Resilient Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH). As the Principal Recipient the Ministry of Health is legally responsible for the management of the integrated grant ensuring achievement of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfill the mandate of the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health has established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out the functions of the PR. The GMU works with after implementing units (TB, HIV,RSSH) within the LSMOH, Sub-Recipients (SRs) and other implementing partners in executing its mandate and ensuring that the grant is managed and implemented in compliance with the grant agreement signed between the GF and the PR
The GMU, Lagos State Ministry of Health is recruiting for the position:
Reporting to: GMU/State Tuberculosis &Leprosy Control Program
His/ her main job is to interpret images from medical imaging equipment in order to ensure quality as well as make diagnoses. S/he must be able to advice on radiology matters to ensure the maintenance of professional standards of radiology and promote appropriate and safe practices. S/he will also be required to see patients as needed in order to conclude on radiological diagnoses and recommend management. S/he will also work closely with the team of Radiographers and provide supportive, on the job supervision to them.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be able to interpret images from medical imaging equipment in order to ensure quality as well as make diagnoses.
- Must be able to provide efficient, effective, professional and timely radiological services on and off site.
- Must be able to assist, supervise and advise other X-ray screening staff to ensure quality and professional services.
- Must be able to advice on radiology matters to ensure the maintenance of professional standards of radiology and promote appropriate and safe practices.
- Must be able to participate actively in promoting and planning of further development concerning equipment needs, maintenance and replacement to meet international standards.
- Must be able to evolve or advise on comprehensive program of total quality management to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- Ensure that there is no mishandling of equipment and accessories and that all start up and shut down protocols are followed.
- Any other duties assigned by the PR for the seamless implementation of screening for Tuberculosis using X-ray strategy in the State.
Experience and Qualifications
- The Consultant Radiologist must be a medical doctor (MBBS, MBBCh etc.) with specialist training and fellowship certification in Radiology from the Nigerian Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent,
- At least 3-5 years’ experience practising as a Radiologist.
- Good computer skills, including familiarity and versatility with using MS Excel MS Word and MS Power point. Additional IT Knowledge is an added advantage.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners/ team
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Openness to new ideas and willingness to accept different opinions and feedback. – Attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Flexibility across a range of field and office related tasks.
- Must have a current practicing license from the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
Interested candidate should apply by submitting;
- An application letter (not more than one page) and CV as a single document through email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the email should be the job position and full name of the applicant.
- All applications must be received on or before 11:59pm of 7 February, 2020,
NB; Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process. The successful candidate is expected to resume by April 2020
GF GRANT MANAGEMENT UNIT
LAGOS STATE MINISTRY OF HEALTH