INTERNATIONAL SOS (www.internationalsos.com is the world’s leading provider of medical and security services Our global services include medical arid risk planning, preventative programs, in-country expertise and emergency response for travelers, expatriates and their dependents.
We are seeking to recruit staff to fill the following position:
POSITION: BILINGUAL MEDICAL SUPPLY SERVICES MANAGER – WEST AFRICA
The Medical Supply Services Manager forms part of the Regional Management team of West Africa Cluster headed- by General Manager – West Africa. The position also reports functionally to the Regional Medical Services Director – Africa and works closely with the Medical and Operations teams,
The Medical Supply Services Manager is responsible to develop and maintain effective, reliable and profitable supply chain solutions in response to our clients’ needs whilst ensuring compliance to the Groups policies and relevant country regulations.
Management and Administration
- Implementing and supporting specific procedures applying to Supply Chain principles and regulations.
- Maximize the profitability of the function by managing medical supply services costs related to the service delivery requirements and maximize the use of existing resources.
- Provide input and participate into projects and initiatives; ensuring cost effective pricing for our clients
- Provide analysis and reports on activities of the department
- Provide comments and solutions on financial performance of supply chain
- Participate in annual budget processes
- Provide guidance, support and leadership to the supply chain team across West Africa
- Determine and measure performance indicators of team members
- Ensure good governance on invoicing.
- Adherence to supplier payment terms
- Compliance to export/import regulations
- Participate and assist in AR meetings
- Monitor and regularly report on efficiency and quality of the medical supply services performance.
- Interface with Operations Manager and Medical Team to ensure quality planning and delivery of medical supply services across West Africa
- Conduct Medical audits as per international SOS specifications (at least once per annum)
- Directly responsible to review and respond to any medical supply services complaints
- Identify, prequalify and validate “in country” suppliers
- Regular audits of suppliers
- Develop use and continuously improve a Supply Chain system
- Maintain, Integrate and effectively use the group standard lists
- Develop and continuously improve supply chain solutions in Ghana and West Africa
- Align procedure and business rules with Corporate Global Policies and instructions
- Responsible for inventory control in warehouse
Client and Business Development
- Develop relationships with International SOS local suppliers
- Provide pricing as required
- Negotiate pricing and service level agreements
- Provide support and advise in client meetings/calls when necessary
- Participate in tender proceedings when applicable
- Undertaking site surveys and project work or reasonable duties as requested by direct Manager
- Travel across West Africa countries as required as per business and site requirements
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Work effectively with medical and non-medical staff
- Effective both strategically and at a hands-on operational level
- Proactive and solutions focused
- Interpersonal and rapport building, ability to network
- Client focused
- Superior written & oral communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Time management and multi-tasking
- Cultural awareness
- Attention to details
- A minimum of 8 years working experience within a supply chain function
- Proven track record in supply chain or freight forwarding environments
- A minimum of 3 years Management or supervisor experience
- Client account management experience
- Business acumen
- Experience in the Medical field is desired
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and supply or related field
- A professional qualification in procurement
English and French Fluency in speaking and writing is a requirement.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must send their CVs and motivational letters to:
email@example.com not later than two (2) weeks after date of publication, (28 February, 2020).