VACANCIES: CHIEF TECHNOLOGIST, CHIEF PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment into various academic positions in the FEDERAL UNIVERSITY GUSAU, ZAMFARA STATE. The University currently has five faculties and one institute; Faculties of Education, Humanities, Management and Social Sciences, Pharmacy, Science and institute of Mining and Geosciences respectively.
POSITION: CHIEF TECHNOLOGIST (CONTISS 13)
Candidates should possess any of the following qualifications:
- By promotion of a confirmed and suitable Assistant Chief Technologist with HND (or other equivalent Professional Qualifications with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience as Assistant Chief Technologist plus Professional registration.
POSITION: CHIEF PROCUREMENT OFFICER
- Supervise, monitor and co-ordinate the activities of procurement unit;
- Prepare a procurement plan for the University for the short and long run;
- Prepare report for management – Annually, quarterly and other formal reports for action of the University management and Vice-Chancellor:
- Design standard procurement programme and review from time to time;
- Monitor the performance and efficiency on costs;
- Prepare memoranda for procurement procedure; and
- Performing other duties that may be assigned by the Vice-Chancellor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidates for the position of the Chief Procurement Officer should
- Twelve (12) years of relevant cognate experience in procurement activities in a tertiary institution or public service. He/she must have reached the position of Principal Procurement Officer I or its equivalent;
- Be competent in relevant computer/ICT operation.
- Possession of relevant higher degree or Postgraduate Professional qualifications in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
- Bureau for Public Procurement Certificate of conversion will be an added advantage.
- He/she must show evidence of leadership qualities, integrity and team work.
- Candidate must have exhibited in the past, considerable ability, competence, industry and moral integrity;
- Be free from any moral, social and financial embarrassment:
- Must be of good physical and mental health;
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills; and
- Should not be older than sixty (60) years by the time of appointment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Applicants are required to submit thirty (30) sets of typed applications, photocopies of their credentials, and curriculum vitae (CV). The CV must contain the following information:
- Full Name (in capital letters)
- Post applied for
- Date of birth
- Place of Birth
- State of origin
- LGA, of origin
- Nationality (for non-Nigerian)
- Permanent home address
- Current postal address
- Functional email address
- GSM number
- Marital status
- Number of children with dates
- Institutes attended with dates
- Qualifications with dates
- Professional qualification with dates
- General and specific working experience giving duration, post held and salary
- Details of research work and publications (attached)
- Details of administrative experience and community services with details of status and dates
- Present employment, rank, grade level and step, salary structure and name and address of the employer.
- Extra-curricular activities
- Any other relevant information
- Names and addresses of three referees, one of whom must be your current HOD/Dean who shall send their reports directly to the Registrar under confidential cover.
All applications must be addressed and sent to:
Federal University Gusau
All applications must reach the Registrar not later than six (6) weeks from date of the publication of this advertisement (16 March, 2020). It should be noted that only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.