VACANCIES: DEPUTY GENERAL SECRETARY, FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
A VIBRANT AND FORMIDABLE TRADE UNION in Nigeria is seeking eligible and qualified applicants not more than 45 years of age for the position below:
JOB TITLE: DEPUTY GENERAL SECRETARY, FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
Position Type: Full Time
The position holder will manage finance and administration across the four Zonal Councils and the Head Office of the Association.
- Leadership and Staff Capacity Development Provide strategic leadership and oversight of ail the Association’s activities while planning, developing and communicating dear organizational goals.
- Lead and manage all the Association’s matters relating to human resources, finance, procurement, contracts and security.
- Provide the requisite capacity development for staff, ensuring a clear understanding of their roles.
- Provide staff with information, tools and resources to improve their overall performance while maintaining a harmonious working environment which exemplifies mutual respect, promotes discipline and efficiency.
- Organise, attend and record minutes of National or Special Conferences, National Executive Council and Central Working Committee Meetings.
- Represent the Association in meetings with Management, Stakeholders and Social partners.
- Effectively manage the Associations National Secretarial and Zonal offices administrative component ensuring that sound internal controls are in place to protect the Association’s financial and non-monetary assets.
- Maintain a nominal list of all members of the Association and their Branches
- Oversee contracts, ensuring the execution of agreements and deliverables in a timely and high quality manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Leadership and Human Resources Management or relevant field. A Master’s degree will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years progressively challenging human resources and business administration experience.
- Proven understanding of the Nigerian Labour laws
- Demonstrated ability to lead, write and produce compelling and strategic reports or publications both individually and in collaboration with teams.
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Superior organisational and management skills: ability to multitask, manage teams, apply result- oriented problem solving- approaches; and collaborate effectively as a team member.
- Strong work ethic, Impeccable integrity and sense of accountability
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Computer skills: MS word and Excel with experience in other editing software packages
- Ability to undertake travel to different states as required and able to work under extreme pressure and deadlines.
The Association offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, send an application with your CV along with detailed information about your qualifications and work experiences. To firstname.lastname@example.org with “Deputy General Secretary, Finance and Administration” in the subject fine of the email.
The deadline for this application is 10 February, 2020.