A Vibrant And Formidable Trade Union in Nigeria is seeking eligible and qualified applicants not more than 45 years of age for the position below:
JOB TITLE: DEPUTY GENERAL SECRETARY, FINANCES ADMINISTRATION
POSITION TYPE: FULLTIME
The position holder will manage finance and administration across the four Zonal Councils and the Head Office of the Association.
Leadership and Staff Capacity Development
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight of all the Association’s activities while planning, developing and communicating dear organizational goals.
- Lead and manage all the Association’s matters relating to human resources, finance, procurement, contracts and security.
- Provide the requisite capacity development for staff, ensuring a clear understanding of their role:
- Provide staff with information, tools and resources, to improve their overall performance while maintaining a harmonious working environment which exemplifies mutual respect, promotes discipline and efficiency.
- Organise, attend and record minutes of National or Special Conferences, National Executive Council and Central Working Committee Meetings.
- Represent the Association in meetings with Management, stakeholders and Social partners.
- Effectively manage the Associations National Secretariat and Zonal offices administrative component ensuring that sound internal controls are in place to protect the Association’s financial and non-monetary assets.
- Maintain a nominal list of all members of the Association and their Branches
- Oversee contracts, ensuring the execution of agreements and deliverables in a timely and high quality manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Leadership and Human Resources Management or relevant field. A Master’s degree will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years progressively challenging human resources and business administration experience.
- Proven understanding of the Nigerian Labour laws
- Demonstrated ability to lead, write and produce compelling and strategic reports or publications both individually and in collaboration with teams.
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Superior organisational and management skills: ability to multitask, manage teams, apply result-oriented problem solving- approaches; and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Strong work ethic, impeccable integrity and sense of accountability
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Computer skills: Ms word and Excel with experience in other editing software packages.
- Ability to undertake travel to different states as required and able to work under extreme pressure and deadlines.
The Association offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, send an application with your CV along with detailed information about your qualifications and work experiences, to email@example.com with “Deputy General Secretary/ Finance and Administration” in the subject line of the email.
The deadline for this application is 10 February, 2020.