VACANCIES: GENERAL MANAGER, OPERATION MANAGER, FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
The Federal Government of Nigeria has applied for credit from the International Development Association (IDA) /WORLD BANK towards the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP). The project development objective is to increase access for poor people to social and natural resources infrastructure service in a sustainable manner. This will be achieved through the provision of grant support to beneficiary communities based on their identified, prioritized micro-projects in the Community Development Plans (CDPs) which are to be implemented, maintained and utilized by them using Community Driven Development (CDD) approach. In this regard, Kaduna State Community and Social Development Agency invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from public and private sectors for recruitment in to the following positions:
POSITION: GENERAL MANAGER
A University degree in Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Engineering and/or any other relevant degree with at least fifteen years post
- Exercise the powers and functions of the State Agency.
- Be in-charge of the general administration of the CSDP.
- Manage SA personnel.
- Be the accounting officer of the SA.
- Gives approval for proposal of CDPs recommended by the SA management committee.
- Authorize expenditure in accordance with the annual budget and work program of the SA as approved by BOD Represent the SA in all its dealings with third parties at the level of the management.
- Conduct dialogue with donors and those capable of providing complimentary technical and administrative skills and financial resources.
- Delegate his authority to the staff of the Agency to the extent necessary for the efficient performance of the activities of CDP.
- Perform such other duties as may be required for the effective functioning of the SA.
- Ensure regular reporting and adherence to the SA reporting relationship with the Project Financial Management Unit (PFMU) of the State.
POSITION: OPERATION MANAGER
A university degree in Agriculture, Engineering, Extension Services, Social Sciences, Project Management and any other relevant degree, with at least twelve years post qualifications experience. Previous experience in rural development projects or extension services shall be considered as additional advantage.
The Operation manager shall be in-charge of:
- Supervising and coordinating the overall activities of the
- operations department.
- Supervising the process of applications seeking SA founding and technical/management support.
- Ensuring conduct of desk and field appraisals and forward report to the Project Manager Committee for review based on set criteria.
- Provide overall supervision of formulation and implementation processes of CDPs and Micro-project by CPMCs.
- Ensuring the maintenance of record on all CDPs and Micro-projects on a continuous basis and passing on such information to the M&E department, Ensure that requisite assistant is rendered to committees as required.
- Liaising with relevant MDAs to provide technical and back-up support to committees.
- Consolidates annual work plans and budget of the department.
- Provide quarterly and annual projects for CDP and Micro project implementation.
POSITION: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
- A University degree or Membership, professional association such as ACA, ACCA or their equivalents or higher National Diploma in Accounting or Banking and Finances with at least 12 years Post qualification experience
- The Finance and the Administration manager shall be charge with the responsibility for:
- Ensuring efficient running of the office and the maintenance of all office facilities.
- Processing and paying all bills, Salaries (etc.) pertaining to the smooth running of the SA.
- Maintaining Schedules of personnel, welfare and other personal functions.
- Ensuring the proper recording and financial transactions of the agency.
- Generating adequate, reliable and timely financial report for the GM and other department.
- Preparing annual budget and work plan for the SA.
- Processing and Managing all fund disbursement as well as ensuring proper documentation to facilitate the release of funds from funding agencies to committees.
- Liaising with Banks Tax Authorities and other regulatory agencies on behalf of the SA.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly report on financial progress of Micro projects and CDPs.
- Preparing quarterly Financial Management Report (FMRs) Assisting the GM in the day to day running of the SA,
- Reviewing financial transactions of committees in-line With General Guidelines issued by the SA, FPSU and Funding Agencies, and making report to the GM, and, Offering training and capacity building in the area of financial management, record keeping, and other related matters to the community.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
The appointment is for the period of the life of the project with 6 months probation period. However civil servants found suitable will be engaged as seconded officers and will continue to enjoy salary from their employers with additional incentives from the project. Kaduna State Agency for Community and Social Development Project requires 10 copies of CV from eligible interested applicants for the position of Project Officer M&E and Administrative Officer. The remuneration is attractive and is commensurate with the mode of entry and in accordance with the CSDP Staff regulation and the Conditions of Service.
Letters of Application, indicating the position sought and supported with CVs, should be submitted not later than Thursday, 13 February, 2020 to:
THE HEAD OF SERVICE
GENERAL HASSAN USMAN KATSINA HOUSE