REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION)
SELECTION OF AN INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT TO SERVE AS A PROGRAMME OFFICER, OPERATIONS FOR THE ECOWAS REGIONAL STABILIZATION AND DEVELOPMENT PROJECT REFERENCE NO. ECW/IC/ADM-VP-2/12 02/KIK
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has, in cooperation with the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation, set up a Regional Stabilisation and Development Project, to address the economic stabilisation needs in the immediate term (2019 2021) of post Conflict countries and post-Ebola countries as well as other fragile countries.
(2) In the framework of the execution of the 2020 Budget, the ECOWAS intends to apply a portion its budgeted counterpart funds for the Selection of an Individual Consultant to Serve as a Programme Officer, Operations for the ECOWAS Regional Stabilization and Development Project.
(3) The broadly defined objective of the planned Fund is to promote stability and sustainable development in ECOWAS member states, through the creation of new employment and income opportunities, especially for the youth. This empowerment of the youth will be achieved by (i) financing basic infrastructure and equipment along selected value chains; and (ii) promoting skills development and capacity building. These measures will improve the immediate development prospects of the youth and hence also contribute to tackling the causes of irregular migration.
(4) The .consulting services (“the Services”) include the followings as shown below and the duration of the contract shall be for a maximum period of one (1) year renewable based on satisfactory appraisal. Duties and responsibilities of the consultants:
Under the supervision of the Head of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU), the consultant will provide assistance in the implementation of the work programme of the PIU and provide any other support to the PIU as required, including supporting in research work, data analyses, compiling data and information, drafting reports, taking notes, and editing.
POSITION: INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT (TO SERVE AS A PROGRAMME OFFICER, OPERATIONS FOR THE ECOWAS REGIONAL STABILIZATION AND DEVELOPMENT PROJECT)
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The individual consultants shall be fluent (reading, writing, speaking) in one (1) of the ECOWAS Official Languages (English, French or Portuguese) and the practical knowledge (reading, writing, speaking) of an additional one would be an advantage.
NB: The attention of interested Individual consultants is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
(6) The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant set out in the Consultant Guidelines. The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed for the position.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the email addresses below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9:00 am GMT+1 to 5:00 pm GMT+1.
(7) Expressions of Interest (1 original and 3 copies) must be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Selection of an Individual Consultant to Serve as a Programme Officer, Operations for the ECOWAS Regional Stabilization and Development Project”, Do not open except in the presence of the Evaluation Committee” to the address below latest by Thursday 26 March, 2020 at 11:00 am (GMT+1), Nigerian Time.
The ECOWAS Tender Box is located at the Directorate of General Administration, Procurement Division, 1st Floor ECOWAS Commission, 101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, P.M.B. 401 Abuja Nigeria.
Please note that electronic submissions are not accepted and will not be evaluated.
This EOI is also published on the ECOWAS website http://www.ecowas.int/doing-business-in-ecowas/ecowas-procurement
DIRECTOR GENERAL ADMINISTRATION