UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND is require suitable qualified candidate to fill the post of:
JOB TITLE: MONITORING AND EVALUATION LEAD
Reports To: Epidemiology, Surveillance, and Evaluation Head of Department
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Level: Mid-level
Position Type: Full-time staff position
Job Grade: 9
Number of Positions: 1
The Monitoring & Evaluation Lead is responsible for the design, development and execution of project specific monitoring and evaluation frameworks and utilization of information systems to track delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts. S/he will provide day to day project management and guidance to the project teams; closely collaborate with the Health Informatics Team, Biostatistics and Surveillance units. The Monitoring & Evaluation Lead will ensure that M&E strategies are in line with project deliverables and able to accommodate agile timelines. Responsibilities include developing M&E frameworks and plans, designing M&E tools to track progress on deliverable, and strengthening data analysis and utilization for decision making. The M&E lead will be responsible for building the capacity and supporting the professional development of the staff they impend. The Monitoring & Evaluation Lead will report to the Epidemiology, Surveillance and Evaluation Head of Department and will oversee the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all M&E activities for assigned projects in collaboration with the project team
- Direct the plan for analysis of data collected for assessment of progress towards project targets and areas of improvement;
- Guide reporting processes amongst technical leads and consolidates program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt;
- Works with the lead technical staff to integrate M&E functions into overall operations and manages directly the M&F. Specialists,
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline, such as public health, mathematics, business, statistics, or international relations strongly preferred;
- 10+ years of experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluating activities for complex programs in developing countries;
- Firm command of the M&E issues with respect to improvements in quality integrated service and support programs;
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing M&E systems that track performance as per the objectives of this project (e.g. service integration, performance against each funding stream);
- Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the projects activities and support project supervision; strong writing and organizational skills for monitoring and reporting on program and program outcomes and impacts;
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize competing demands.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting and independently.
Fluency in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
CLOSING DATE is 6 February, 2020