VACANCIES: OPERATIONAL RISK AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER, INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER
The NIGERIA SOVEREIGN INVESTMENT AUTHORITY (NSIA) is in the process of strengthening its operations and enhancing overall capacity towards delivering its mandate, in this regard, the Authority is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, result-oriented and exceptional professionals to fill the following vacant positions:
POSITION: OPERATIONAL RISK AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER – NS20/3002
This Officer shall be responsible for ensuring compliance with; the approved risk management framework, regulatory codes, policies and regulations. He/She shall support the processes for identifying, controlling, managing and reporting operational risk.
- Support the planning, designing and implementation of the Authority’s overall risk management process.
- Support the process for identifying critical business processes and relevant control mechanisms
- Conduct periodic risk assessments to analyse, identify, describe and estimate the risks inherent in the Authority’s activities and provide recommendations to address identified weaknesses.
- Liaise with the Unit Head to develop and implement the business continuity management framework for the Authority.
- Support the process of designing and implementing recovery and crisis management plans
- Promote awareness and assist in embedding an improved risk and compliance culture within the Authority.
- Collaborate with other Unit Heads to address new and/or emerging risks that may occur as a result of changes in regulatory, government policy, NSIA’s strategy and business focus.
- Document the occurrence of operational risks and investigate such incidences.
- Support the implementation of a detailed emergency response and associated operational activities.
- Support the implementation of techniques & methods of training, testing & maintaining business recovery plans.
- Coordinate compliance monitoring and enforcement of set rules and regulations as defined within all applicable regulations guiding the Company’s operations e.g. AML/ CFT reporting etc.
- Liaise with functional heads within the Company and support processes for ensuring full compliance across board with all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Support the Head, Operational Risk & Compliance in managing relationships with regulators and other relevant statutory bodies to facilitate prompt and effective resolution of compliance-related issues.
- Create company-wide awareness on key regulatory issues impacting on the company’s operations and liaise with Human Resources to organize compliance related trainings (e.g. periodic AML awareness exercises).
- Conduct periodic compliance audit/ reviews in liaison with Legal and Internal Audit.
- Support policies and procedures management
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- First Degree or equivalent in law, business management or finance related discipline
- Relevant post-graduate/ professional qualification
- Minimum of 5years cognate experience
- Experience in financial services, specifically operations or audit will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of operational risk best practices
- Good knowledge of operational risk measurement methodologies
- Environmental / Industry Analysis
- Knowledge of Investment / Portfolio Management, Assets & Liabilities Management and Financial analysis / interpretation will be an added advantage
POSITION: INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER- NS20/3003
Under the supervision of the Head, internal Audit, the successful candidate will provide assurance on internal controls adequacy and effectiveness through the conduct of risk-based audits and deputize in the absence of the Head of Internal Audit.
- Support the preparation and administration of annual audit plans
- Conduct internal audit of the Authority based on approved plan
- Support the institutionalizing of internal control framework and continuously evaluate the adequacy of these controls
- Support the maintenance of comprehensive systems for recording all audit plans, work papers, findings, reports and follow up audits
- Conduct periodic physical verification of fixed assets.
- Support the continual review and assessment of effectiveness and efficiency of policies, procedures and processes across the organisation and identify improvement opportunities.
- Work directly with other Unit Heads on the implementation of controls including business process redesign, policies and procedures documentation, evidence evaluation and systems enhancements.
- Investigate violations of the Authority’s operational procedures and make recommendations on appropriate preventive/ remedial action.
- Support the provision of regular, accurate and objective reports/ updates for management attention.
- Liaise with the Unit Head and implement recommendations of the Audit Committee.
- Support the Head, Internal Audit in managing relations with the Audit Committee, senior management, employees and other relevant external parties.
- Support monitoring of the Authority’s compliance with all relevant laws and regulations (local and International).
- Coordinate and interact with audit firms performing external audits of the Authority’s financial statements.
- Support the review of the adequacy of controls established to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, and business objectives.
- Any other ad hoc task assigned by the Head of internal Audit.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
- First degree from a reputable institution. Relevant professional qualification(s) i.e. ACA, ACCA.
- Other additional qualification(s) i.e. MBA, CIA, CRMA, CCSA, CISA etc. will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 8 years with a reputable organization, 6 of which must be in the Internal Audit/Control function
- Experience in a reputable audit firm is an advantage
- Appreciable understanding of the NSIA’s mandate
- Good knowledge of Audit & Investigation
- Financial and Data Analysis Skills
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical standards and high level of integrity Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of a risk-based internal audit approach covering planning fieldwork, reporting and follow up
- Ability to build co-operation and collaboration between departments and other groups
- Ability to manage projects within the internal audit activity or organisation effectively
- Good report writing and oral communications skills
- Good understanding of risk management, control and governance through the delivery of assurance
- Good appreciation and working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
HOW TO APPLY:
All positions are based in Abuja, Nigeria. The roles are open to Nigerians within and outside the country who have completed the National Youth Service Programme. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for any of the positions on offer. To apply, please quote the role and appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail and send your curriculum vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to the following email addresses: email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, 13 March, 2020.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The NSIA Act can be viewed on http://nsia.com.ng/.
NIGERIA SOVEREIGN INVESTMENT AUTHORITY (NSIA)
4TH FLOOR, CLAN PLACE, PLOT 1386 TIGRIS CRESCENT
Tel: +234-809 046 0440