VACANCIES: PROFESSOR, READER, SENIOR LECTURER, LECTURER I, LECTURER II, GRADUATE ASSISTANT (FACULTY OF ENGINEERING)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment into various academic positions in the FEDERAL UNIVERSITY GUSAU, ZAMFARA STATE. The University currently has five faculties and one institute; Faculties of Education, Humanities, Management and Social Sciences, Pharmacy, Science and institute of Mining and Geosciences respectively.
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING:
- Department of Civil Engineering:
- Department of Mechanical Engineering:
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering:
POSITION: PROFESSOR (CONUASS 07)
- Must be a Ph.D. holder in relevant field with at least (12) years teaching experience at the university level, plus 3 years at least as Reader.
- Continues productive research with the achievement for an acknowledged authority in area of specialization:
- Considerable background of research with sufficient number, (not less than 15), of scholarly publications in reputable journals and (not less than 10) edited conference proceedings:
- Not less than 75% of the maximum scores under research shall be in an applicant’s area of specialization;
- Postgraduate supervision at Ph.D and Master level:
- Adequate capacity disseminates knowledge through professional and academic activities:
- Sound academic leadership and the ability to mentor others.
- Administrative skills, ability and experience and spotless integrity.
- Favorable external assessment.
- And applicant for the position of professor must be currently a Reader in a university or waiting external assessment for the position.
POSITION: READER (CONUASS 06)
- Must be a Ph.D. holder in relevant field with at least nine (9) years teaching experience at the university level, plus 3 years as Senior Lecturer in the university.
- Adequate background of research with sufficient number, (not less than 12), of scholarly publications in reputable journals and (not less than 8)
- Postgraduate supervision at Ph.D. and Master level.
- Dissemination of knowledge through professional and academic activities.
- General academic leadership and the ability to mentor others.
- Some administrative experience and proven integrity.
- Favorable external assessment.
- To be currently at least a Senior Lecturer in the university,
POSITION: SENIOR LECTURER (CONUASS 05)
- Must be a Ph.D. holder in relevant field with at least 6 years teaching experience at university level, plus 3 years as Lecturer I in the university.
- Plus, sufficient number, (not less than 6), of scholarly publications in reputable journals and (not less than 5) edited conference proceedings.
- Substantial Evidence of potential for continues research activity and academic leadership.
POSITION: LECTURER I (CONUASS 04)
- Applicant must be a holder of Ph.D. in relevant field with at least 2 years as Lecturer II plus sufficient number, (5 at least) of scholarly publications in reputable journals and 2 edited conference proceedings Or
- A holder of Master degree who has been a Lecturer II with at least 3 years’ university teaching experience and with at least 5 scholarly publications in a reputable journal and 3 edited conference
POSITION: LECTURER II (CONUASS 03)
- Applicant must be a holder of Ph.D. in relevant field or
- Master degree with at least 2 publications in a reputable journal and spent at least 2 years as Assistant Lecturer.
POSITION: GRADUATE ASSISTANT (CONUASS 01)
- Applicant must be a holder of first degree with at least second class upper division from a recognized institution. Applicant with lower division may also apply.
- NYSC/Exemption certificate.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Applicants are required to submit thirty (30) sets of typed applications, photocopies of their credentials, and curriculum vitae (CV). The CV must contain the following information:
- Full Name (in capital letters)
- Post applied for
- Date of birth
- Place of Birth
- State of origin
- LGA, of origin
- Nationality (for non-Nigerian)
- Permanent home address
- Current postal address
- Functional email address
- GSM number
- Marital status
- Number of children with dates
- Institutes attended with dates
- Qualifications with dates
- Professional qualification with dates
- General and specific working experience giving duration, post held and salary
- Details of research work and publications (attached)
- Details of administrative experience and community services with details of status and dates
- Present employment, rank, grade level and step, salary structure and name and address of the employer.
- Extra-curricular activities
- Any other relevant information
- Names and addresses of three referees, one of whom must be your current HOD/Dean who shall send their reports directly to the Registrar under confidential cover.
All applications must be addressed and sent to:
Federal University Gusau
All applications must reach the Registrar not later than six (6) weeks from date of the publication of this advertisement (16 March, 2020). It should be noted that only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.