VACANCIES: PROJECT OFFICER (SUPERVISION), INTERNAL AUDITOR, OPERATION OFFICERS
The Federal Government of Nigeria has applied for credit from the International Development Association (IDA) /World Bank towards the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP). The project development objective is to increase access for poor people to social and natural resources infrastructure service in a sustainable manner. This will be achieved through the provision of grant support to beneficiary communities based on their identified, prioritized micro-projects in the Community Development Plans (CDPs) which are to be implemented, maintained and utilized by them using Community Driven Development (CDD) approach. In this regard, KADUNA STATE COMMUNITY AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCY invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from public and private sectors for recruitment in to the following positions:
POSITION: PROJECT OFFICER-SUPERVISION
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
At least a Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Social and Natural Science, with at least Five years’ experience in Design and/or Supervision of Social Infrastructure Construction, Computer literacy is essential and experience in implementing community level infrastructure is an added advantage.
- Responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of the operation officers.
- Regular and Timely liaising with other project officers for deployment of operation officers for field level activities.
- Assist in the provision of technical advise on all engineering works e.g. Construction/Rehabilitation of Infrastructure/erosion control bands, Agro-Processing Equipment, Fielder road construction etc.
- In close liaison with relevant state ministries, departments, agency (ies), ensure the adoption of state approved standard technical designs for social infrastructure;
- Ensure compliance with state level technical specification/standard for all social infrastructure, Prepare budget and work plan for supervision of CDPs and micro-projects contained therein;
- Provide guidance to Operations Officers designated to undertake supervision.
- Regularly submit monthly supervision reports to the Managers, Operations, M&E.
- Provide specific reports on supervision as may be requested by any of the Managers and the General Manager.
- Assist in organizing training for line ministries, LGA, LGRC and operations Officers in social infrastructure operations and maintenance.
- Liaise with the relevant state agency for certification for all social infrastructure at completion.
- Directly responsible to the Operation Manager.
- Any other duty (ies) assigned by the Manager Operations.
POSITION: INTERNAL AUDITOR
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A university degree or HND in Accounting or Banking and Finance and a membership professional association such as ACA, ACCA, ANAN or other equivalents with at least five (S) years post qualification experience.
The internal auditor shall perform internal oversight functions so that all activities involving the commitment of financial resources of the Agency comply with all accounting system and reporting procedures as stipulated in the provision of CSDPs financial management manual. Some specified functions are as follows:
- Preparation of quarterly internal audit report of the Agency.
- Preparation of all audit program for the year, To review and monitor the disbursement of the Agency (SOE).
- To strengthen the internal control system of the project, To review all the authorizations, approvals, eligibility and documentation of expenditures,
- To review financial transactions of the communities in-line with financial procedures manual,
- To undertake value for money audit of all project activities.
- To inspect and monitor all micro-projects in the communities.
- To carry out both compliance audit and non-financial audit.
- Inspection and appraisal of the accounting system in operation at the establishment to ascertain its adequacy and effectiveness.
- Verifying the cash and other assets of the project.
- Examine the reconciliation statement with the carried monthly/weekly Bank statement.
- Ensure that the system of internal check and internal control introduced for the prevention of early detection of fraud and loss cash. Stores and other assets of the project is adequate.
- Ensure that deposit register is maintained as provided in the PFMU.
POSITION: OPERATION OFFICERS (6 NOS)
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A first degree or HND in Engineering, and Social Sciences, Biological and Natural Sciences, Business Administration. Accountancy or related field, with at least 1 year of post qualification experience in any area. Computer literacy and willingness to learn and work extra hours and on week-end and applicants are not expected to be more than 35 years as at time of recruitment and not above Grade level 9 if recruited from the civil service.
- Sensitize and mobilize communities on CSDP Project objectives and activities as well as issues related to HIV/AIDS.
- Facilitate communities to undertake needs assessment and prioritization that are socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable,
- Facilitate communities in the information of CDP in line with (b) above.
- Build capacity of the CM PCs and LGRC Desk Officers, as appropriate, through providing training in requisite areas e.g. Participatory Rural Appraisals (PRAs) record and book-keeping. Project management mainstreaming gender, environmental and natural resources issues etc, as identified by the Project Officer-IEC and Training, Supervise the implementation of the CDPs to ensure quality assurance,
- Ensure replenishment of accounts by the CPMCs. Collect, collate and forward to the M&E Department, information data on micro-project activities in communities,
- Submission of monthly, quarterly, and annual departmental reports to M&E Department on schedule, through the Manager Operations,
- Set monthly and quarterly performance targets based on the work plan.
- Submit regular reports to the project officer or relevant section for whose activity they are deployed at any point in time.
- Responsible to the Project Officer Supervision.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
The appointment is for the period of the life of the project with 6 months probation period. However civil servants found suitable will be engaged as seconded officers and will continue to enjoy salary from their employers with additional incentives from the project. Kaduna State Agency for Community and Social Development Project requires 10 copies of CV from eligible interested applicants for the position of Project Officer M&E and Administrative Officer. The remuneration is attractive and is commensurate with the mode of entry and in accordance with the CSDP Staff regulation and the Conditions of Service.
Letters of Application, indicating the position sought and supported with CVs, should be submitted not later than Thursday, 13 February, 2020 to:
THE HEAD OF SERVICE
GENERAL HASSAN USMAN KATSINA HOUSE