VACANCIES: TECHNOLOGIST II, TECHNOLOGIST I, SENIOR TECHNOLOGIST II
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment into various academic positions in the FEDERAL UNIVERSITY GUSAU, ZAMFARA STATE. The University currently has five faculties and one institute; Faculties of Education, Humanities, Management and Social Sciences, Pharmacy, Science and institute of Mining and Geosciences respectively.
POSITION: TECHNOLOGIST II (CONTISS 07)
- Candidate should possess a good HND in relevant discipline not below lower credit level, plus registration with Institute of Science Laboratory Technology.
- In addition, the candidate should possess 5 O’level credits pass (WAEC/NECO/GCE) including English Language and Mathematics
POSITION: TECHNOLOGIST I (CONTISS 08)
- Candidates should possess qualification specified in Technologist II above plus three (3) years post-qualification experience OR
- Candidate should possess other recognized professional qualifications plus at least a minimum of six (6) years post qualification experience OR a holder of HND plus M.Tech. degree in same discipline.
POSITION: SENIOR TECHNOLOGIST II (CONTISS 09)
Candidate should possess any of the following qualifications:
- A good HND (or other recognized equivalent qualifications) plus a minimum of six (6) years post qualification experience OR
- Or other recognized equivalent professional qualifications, plus a minimum of twelve (12) years post qualification experience OR
- HND plus M.Tech. in the same discipline with a minimum of three (3) years post qualification experience.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Applicants are required to submit thirty (30) sets of typed applications, photocopies of their credentials, and curriculum vitae (CV). The CV must contain the following information:
- Full Name (in capital letters)
- Post applied for
- Date of birth
- Place of Birth
- State of origin
- LGA, of origin
- Nationality (for non-Nigerian)
- Permanent home address
- Current postal address
- Functional email address
- GSM number
- Marital status
- Number of children with dates
- Institutes attended with dates
- Qualifications with dates
- Professional qualification with dates
- General and specific working experience giving duration, post held and salary
- Details of research work and publications (attached)
- Details of administrative experience and community services with details of status and dates
- Present employment, rank, grade level and step, salary structure and name and address of the employer.
- Extra-curricular activities
- Any other relevant information
- Names and addresses of three referees, one of whom must be your current HOD/Dean who shall send their reports directly to the Registrar under confidential cover.
All applications must be addressed and sent to:
Federal University Gusau
All applications must reach the Registrar not later than six (6) weeks from date of the publication of this advertisement (16 March, 2020). It should be noted that only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.