COMMISSAO DE CEDEAO
101, YAKUBU GOWON CRESCENT
COMMISSION DE LA CEDEAO
TEL: (234 – 9) 314-74 27 – 9
(234 – 9) 314-74 27 – 9
FAX: (234 – 9) 314 76 46
(234 – 9) 314-30 05
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION)
SELECTION OF AN INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT (PROJECT VETERINARY EPIDEMIOLOGIST-N°2), FOR THE ECOWAS REGIONAL ANIMAL HEALTH CENTRE (RAHC), BAMAKO
REFERENCE NO. ECW/IC/ADM-AGRIC-4/25-02/KIK
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) in cooperation with the European Union (EU), intends to apply a portion of a budgeted funds for the Selection of an Individual Consultant (Project Veterinary Epidemiologist-N°2), for the ECOWAS Regional Animal Health Centre (RAHC), Bamako.
(2) The consulting services (“the Services”) include the followings as shown below and the duration of the contract shall be for a maxi mum period of one (1) year subject to a probationary period of three (3) months. The contract could be renewed for the duration of the project based on performance and availability of funds. Duties and responsibilities of the consultants:
To accomplish the implementation of Component 4 of the PREDIP program on the Prevention and Control of TADs (COMATAO), the project Epidemiologist – N°2 will ensure the implementation of the COMATAO activities at the Regional Animal Health Center (RAHC), as well as ensure the implementation of monitoring and evaluation design to achieve the key results of the PREDIP program. He/she will be under the supervision of the RAHC Executive Director.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the formulation and implementation of detailed COMATAO project annual work plan in close collaboration with team members;
• Reinforce diagnostic laboratories to support diagnosis of transboundary animal diseases (TADs) and zoonoses, and strengthen laboratory (RHSOLAB) networks;
• Support methodological guides for M&E activities; data collection and analysis, and reporting
• Support publications on animal health; and provide evidence-based information for communication;
• Support the monitoring of project activities and schedules to ensure adherence to project framework and appropriate documentation;
• Support monitoring the regional mechanism for the prevention and control of TADs and zoonoses in collaboration with team project team members and relevant partners;
• Support the achievement of quality results and the timely submission of project technical reports, and the presentation of monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual technical reports;
• Support the assessment of the COMATAO project based on costs and timeliness, and in line with the key result areas of PREDIP;
• Support strengthening collaboration with project partners, and ensure relevant documentation;
• Undertake any other official responsibilities as delegated.
(3) The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are as follow:
• Shall Possess a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree and an advance degree in Veterinary Epidemiology or Animal Health Surveillance and Planning from a recognized academic institution.
• Possess a certificate in Economics or Monitoring and Evaluation certification will be desirable.
• Shall justify at least seven (7) working years’ experience in in animal disease prevention and control for International Organizations, Government or Donors funded Projects;
• Candidate shall justify of having executed at least two (2) similar assignments (large nationals projects) organized and successfully executed in ECOWAS Member States with International Organizations or Donors funded Projects;
• Candidate shall justify at least one (1) proven working year of experience in implementation of European Union (EU) project/program;
• Strong IT (Word, Excel, Power Point etc.) or any other relevant Software.
The individual consultants shall be fluent (reading, writing, speaking) in one (1) of the ECOWAS Official Languages (English, French or Portuguese) and the practical knowledge (reading, writing, speaking) of an additional one would be an advantage.
NB: The attention of interested Individual consultants is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates. Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or
fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
(4) The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant set out in the Consultant Guidelines. The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed for the position.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the email addresses below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9:00 am GMT+1 to 5:00 pm GMT+I.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , with copy to:
email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com .
(5) Expressions of Interest (1 original and 3 copies) must be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Selection of an Individual Consultant (Project Veterinary Epidemiologist-N°2), for the ECOWAS Regional Animal Health Centre (RAIIC), Bamako”, Do not open except in the presence of the Evaluation Committee” to the address below latest by Thursday 26 March, 2020 at 11:00am (GMT+1), Nigerian Time.
The ECOWAS Tender Box is located at the Directorate of General Administration, Procurement Division, 1st Floor ECOWAS Commission, 101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, P.M.B. 401 Abuja Nigeria.
Please note that electronic submissions are not accepted and will not be evaluated.
This EOI is also published on the ECOWAS website
DIRECTOR, GENERAL ADMINISTRATION