NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML) a subsidiary of Nigeria LNG Limited seeks to engage personnel for immediate employment in the following position:
POSITION: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
JOB GRADE: OFFICER
LOCATION: PORT HARCOURT
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
(1) Maintain the financial database and ensure the integrity of the ledger. Ensure the completeness and accuracy of all financial transactions in the General Ledger and ensure that all reconciliations are done in a timely manner.
(2) Prepare quarterly and annual Financial Statements and reports in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards and relevant accounting concepts and principles.
(3) Maintain Finance Lease schedule and ensure compliance with all relevant covenants, administrative requirements and obligations. Ensure timely and accurate booking of the related transactions.
(4) Develop, implement and update detailed procedures and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) covering job function. Develop Finance Control Framework (FCF) and RACI matrix.
(5) Produce all audit schedules as may be required by auditors and investigate and promptly respond to all audit queries to ensure smooth internal and external audit processes. Follow up to resolve all internal and/or external audit issues and other enquiries (pre and post audit). This includes financial audits from government, tax and other regulatory agencies. Implement recommendations on the operation of the control systems and any other agreed recommendations by the auditors.
(6) Provide an independent check and monitor expenses and revenues arising from existing and future contracts to verify occurrence, accuracy, completeness and proper classification of transactions.
(7) Liaise with Tax Department to ensure correct computation of tax obligations including tax analysis on existing and future tax laws and tax implications on proposed Company initiatives.
(8) Carry out monthly and quarterly finance closure activities:
(9) Ensure proper and orderly filing, storage and retrieval of accounting records. Act as record focal point for finance and accounting records.
The right candidate should:
METHOD OF APPLYING:
Interested applicants should note the following:
(1) Visit NSML website: www.nsml.com/careers , fill the online application form and upload your CV.
(2) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to an outright disqualification of such candidate(s).
THIS VACANCY WILL CLOSE ON 31 MARCH, 2020.