The UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the Samuel Asabia Professorial Chair of Business Ethics,
POSITION: CHAIR OF BUSINESS ETHICS
The successful applicant will be called Samuel Asabia Professor of Business Ethics.
A candidate for the position must meet the following criteria;
- PhD in Business Administration/Social Sciences.
- Must not be below Senior Lecturer and must have an impeccable record of teaching and research.
- Not less than eight (8) years of teaching/research experience in the university or comparable institution.
- Show evidence of scholarly contribution to knowledge in the area of Business Ethics in reputable journals, books and monographs.
- Must be able to inmate and develop research projects involving, particularly, team work of a multidisciplinary character, in Business Ethics.
- Possess administrative and academic leadership skills augmented by requisite communication and interpersonal skills and must be of proven integrity.
- Possession of cutting-edge information technology (IT) skills will be an added advantage.
The salary package includes the following:
- Transport (car and driver)
- Research Allowance
- Journal Allowance
- Learned Society subscription allowance
- Local Transport and Travelling
- Books and Periodicals
- Housing Allowance
- Conferences/ Lectures
The Chair has a tenure of two years (renewable for another two years).
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
As contained in the University of Lagos Conditions of Service of Senior Staff.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Applicants should submit ten (10) copies of detailed application and curriculum vitae which include:
- Names in full
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Postal Address
- E-Mail, Telephone No. (Landline/Mobile)
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Secondary and Post-Secondary Schools Attended (including dates and institutions)
- Academic and Professional Qualifications (including distinctions and credits with dates)
- Statement of Experience including details of former and present posts.
- Detailed List of Publications
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and Addresses of three referees
- Proposed date of availability for duties if appointed
FURTHER ENQUIRERS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO:
Office of Advancement,
Top Floor, Bookshop Building,
University of Lagos,
University of Lagos, Akoka.
Applications and supporting materials should be submitted to the Deputy Registrar, Human Resources Management Department, Second Floor, Senate House, University of Lagos, Akoka, not later than forty-two (42) days from the date of this publication (12 April, 2020).