VACANCIES: DIRECTOR OF STRATEGIC INFORMATION (DSI), PRIVATE SECTOR SPECIALIST
The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infection non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building research and care and support services.
To support the institute’s drive to detect and treat tuberculosis country (HVN is sourcing for a suitably qualified dynamic candidate to fill the following positions for the USAID Tuberculosis Local Organization Network (TB-LON) Project:
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF STRATEGIC INFORMATION (DSI)
- Oversee all SI activities for the grant across supported states.
- Support community organizations to monitor, document and analyze the performance of their tuberculosis services and activities and ensure data quality.
- S/he will liaise with relevant technical advisers and counterparts responsible for state and LGA level SI functions.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation coordination with national data systems.
- Provide technical guidance to state team on monitoring and evaluation processes including the development of performance indicators, setting annual targets, monitoring project progress against annual targets, ensuring timely data collection, generating quarterly and annual reports.
- Participating in health system strengthening activities.
- Develop the development and periodic review of program reporting protocols. Oversee indicator matrices in line with indicator requirements for the project.
- Oversee the generation of all program reports including USAID quarterly, semi- annual and annual progress reports.
- Oversee the development of performance Monitoring Plans and M&E plans for the project.
- Ensure data demand and use is institutionalized within the state program through the use of gap analyses, run charts and site fact sheets.
- Represent IHVN of meetings with funder, Government of Nigeria and other stakeholders on Monitoring & Evaluation related matters.
- Provide strategic technical assistance to government agencies, and wide state response on theories, strategies and approaches for monitoring and evaluation at the state level.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health epidemiology, monitoring & evaluation demography biostatistics, statistics, analytics or a related field is required. A Master’s degree preferred.
- Eight (8) years of experience in programs designing establishing and managing M&E systems, ensuring data quality and managing data intensive, performance based programs.
- Experience with the USAID and Global funds Strategic information system highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- The DSI is to have a working knowledge of Nigeria health service information system and monitoring and evaluation processes in data collection for performance based reporting S/he is to have understanding experience and competency in existing with community-led organizations.
- The PSI is to be skilled in the development and use of data/data analytics to aid program decision making have demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- S/he is to have the ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel Stata, and/or Business intelligence tools making recommendation based on findings.
- S/he should be able to portray complex data sets-to-understand formats ring
- S/he is to have knowledge and working experience in the use of mapping and other similar tools (including computer software programs) to target program interventions and resources.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good understanding of the local and international tuberculosis environment.
- Knowledge of United States Government funded monitoring and evaluation programs.
- Flexibility, willing to travel and work during weekends.
JOB TITLE: PRIVATE SECTOR SPECIALIST
- Design and execute the overall private sector strategy for the project and track the contribution of the private sector to TB service delivery.
- Develop strategic alliances sector to TB service delivery.
- Develop strategic alliances with federal, State and Local Government Ministries of Health and Agencies, and represent IHVN on relevant committees and Technical working Groups to drive the agenda of the private sector in TB service delivery.
- Build strong and effective working relationship with government, civil society and other implementing partners working in the private sector.
- Support the National and State TB Programs in assessing, reviewing, and updating relevant strategies, regulations, policies, and guidelines related to the private sector.
- Collaborate with National and State TB programs to strengthen public –private partnerships, create linkages within private provider networks, improve private sector regulation, and support the institutionalization of quality standards for TB treatment in the private sector.
- Provide technical assistance to the National and State TB programs in integrating private sector activities in their objectives for improved healthcare outcomes and service delivery.
- Participate in capacity development activities for effective TB service delivery in the private sector.
- Support the development of metrics for private sector TB service providers and provide technical support in the integration of appropriate monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems at all levels.
- Support research and generate interest in knowledge acquisition about private sector engagement for TB services in Nigeria.
- Produce periodic reports on the achievements in engaging the private sector for TB service delivery.
- Manage and coordinate implementation learning related to TB service delivery in the private sector.
- Master’s degree, or its equivalent or higher degree in public health, health program planning and management or other relevant field preferred.
- At least five years of professional experience in private sector engagement or experience in developing and managing partnerships, including brokering public-private partnerships. Proven experience in capacity building, leadership, planning and management. Demonstrable experience in successful implementation of USAID other donor funded programs designed to strengthen the health sector at national and sub-national government levels.
- Experience in working with key stakeholders in Nigeria, particularly in Lagos or other South-West States.
- Strong networking and representational skills.
- Presentation skills, excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Proven experience in analyzing data and developing PowerPoint presentations and other reports.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills.
- Competent in operational development, implementation and evaluation of results.
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and with high levels of precision.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work.
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging manner.
Application Closing Date: 8 May, 2020.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email address and phone numbers.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.