The Intensive Combination Approach to Rollback the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (iCARE, Nigeria), is funded by the United States National Institutes of Health (NIH) to develop and evaluate interventions to improve HIV testing and linkage, and HIV care outcomes, among youth (age 15-24 years) in Nigeria, using theoretically grounded peer navigation and Health components. Currently being piloted in Ibadan, this multicenter research in anticipated to extend to six clinical research sites in Lagos and Jos, in the last quarter of 2020. iCARE, Nigeria is seeking to recruit an experience professional, to join the leadership team and support the successful implementation of the study
TITLE: NATIONAL RESEARCH PROJECT DIRECTOR, LAGOS
The successful candidate will provide technical leadership for implementation and monitoring of research activities, encompassing innovative interventions for HIV testing and treatment in youth and priority key populations.
(1) Assist the Principal Investigators to provide technical leadership for implementation and monitoring of the research protocol at all participating sites
(2) Support program efforts by providing guidance and hands-on support for training research program staff.
(3) Develop program monitoring and evaluation instruments and associated operations manual
(4) Contribute to and oversee monitoring and evaluation efforts
(5) Facilitates NIH- mandated site monitoring activities
(6) Represent iCARE, Nigeria in collaborations with relevant Nigeria institutions and entities through relationship building, information sharing, and representation.
(7) Facilitate, draft and participate in the development of technical reports, such as: monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports and newsletters; strategic plans and work plans and other ad hoc reports, as required.
(8) Stay abreast of state –of-the art developments in quality and innovations related to clinical research implementation and social service system strengthening and share relevant information as appropriate
(9) Travel as needed to project sites for technical assistance, training and supervision.
(10) Leadership qualities and ability to create synergies where applicable
(11) Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
(12) Expert computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, including word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
MODE OF APPLICATION
(1) Send an application letter (stating your current salary and salary expectation(s) and resume in PDF format to email@example.com on or before May 30, 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please
Northwestern University is an equal opportunity employer.
Nigerian National preferred