The African held Epidemiology Network (AFENET) seeks the services of candidates to fill the following position for the National Stop Transmission of Poliomyelitis (NSTOP) program
Open to: All Interested Candidates
Closing Date: 11 May 2020
Work Hours: Full time
POSITION: NATIONAL STOP TRANSMISSION OF POLIOMYELITIS (NSTOP) LGA OFFICER (NSLO)
DUTY STATIONS: KWARA AND KOGI STATES
The basic responsibilities of the position are
(1) A good bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Nursing, Veterinary Medicine, Life Sciences. Allied Health Sciences or Public Health is required and additional qualification in public health will be an advantage.
(2) At least 2 years of prior working experience on immunization or related public health programs with NGOs, UN organizations, Government agencies or Ministries.
(3) Level IV (fluency) Speaking/Writing in English is required. Must be fluent in Yoruba and any other local language spoken in Northern Nigeria such as Yoruba and Hausa etc.
(4) Knowledge of routine immunization AFP surveillance immunization campaigns, local government structure and primary health care system in Nigeria.
(5) Experience working or interacting with nomadic or other migrant communities win be an advantage.
(6) Incumbent is required to possess standard compute skills with experience in MS Word, MS Excel spreadsheet, MS Power-Point, Proficiency with CDC’s Epi-info statistical software will be an advantage. Ability to write concise technical activity reports is required.
(7) Must be resident within the LGA of assignment at time of assumption of duty otherwise job offer is nullified.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants for this position should visit the Afenet Human Resource web application http://www.afenetnigeria.net/careers.php ) and submit their applications, addressing the minimum requirements as per the advertisement.
Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter, AFENET is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted