Our Client is a leading diversified and dynamic Investment Holding Conglomerate with businesses across the Telecommunication Agriculture, Real Estate, Hospitality sectors. The organization has enjoyed significant growth over the years and continues to seek partnership for growth across the boundaries.
In line with the Company’s decision to ensure key roles are filled by qualified candidates with high quality hands-on experience and leadership skills, the
Company is looking for an exceptional Group Chief Financial Officer and Group Chief Investment & Development Officer.
GROUP CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Reporting to the Group Managing Director, the Group CEO will be responsible for providing strategic and operational direction/leadership for the Group’s financial planning and management activities. The role holder will also provide oversight to the finance functions of the subsidiary companies, as they relate to budget management, performance reporting, financial accounting & reporting, and treasury management.
- Assume ownership of and communicate the strategic direction of the Group’s Finance function to the subsidiaries, ensuring accurate understanding of roles, responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Drive the formulation and implementation of the Group’s Finance function’s operational strategy, policies, procedures, and frameworks in line with the overall Group strategy.
- Engage Executive Management to develop short, medium and long term financial plans and projections for the group.
- Provide oversight of all financial risk management activities within the group Enterprise Risk Management framework and ensure that the full spectrum of financial risk (Interest rates, foreign exchange risk etc.) are identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Collaborate with the Chief Investment Officer to drive the corporate finance and restructuring efforts of the Group.
- Review the group’s capital structure and recommend optimal strategies to manage the Group’s borrowing capacity to finance future growth.
- Review medium and long term funding forecasts for the Group’s activities and seek Board approval for funding requests above approved limits.
- Manage the Group and Holding Company’s statutory reporting obligations, ensuring the accurate and timely development of periodic reports and accounts, board presentations are to aid decision making.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key external business advisors and relevant bodies e.g. regulatory organisations, auditors, solicitors, banks etc, to facilitate effective business operations.
As the ideal candidate you will need to be a visionary leader and strategic thinker with a high level of commercial acumen and the exceptional ability to manage internal and external stakeholders. A seasoned and innovative Finance professional with a good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to a Holding company is a key requirement.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a knowledge of finance function operations and best practices in budget & performance reporting, treasury management, financial reporting etc. and a good understanding of Enterprise Risk Management.
- Minimum of a first degree in Accounting finance Economics or any related discipline.
- Relevant professional certifications e,g. Chartered Financial Analyst(CFA), institute of Certified and chartered Accountants (ACCA) on as equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 20 years cognate experience with at least 10 years in an executive management/C level position in a similar environment interfacing with the executive team and financial partners.
- Group Chief Investment & Business Development Officer
- Reporting to the Group Managing Director, the Group Chief Investment & Business Development Officer will be responsible for investment decisions across the group including diligence, capital raising, mergers and acquisitions etc. He/she will with drive the optimal performance of the group’s investment portfolio in line with the group’s strategic goals and objectives.
- The candidate will also be responsible for identifying and converting new business opportunities for the Group to maximize revenue generation
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
All applications must be submitted on or before 15 May 2020. Please visit https://kpmgng.avature.net/careers to complete the online application for the job and upload your updated resume.
All application will be treated in confidence. Only eligible candidates will be contacted.