CLOSING DATE: 9 JUN 2020
- The GIS consultant will support all Monitoring and Evaluation initiatives and data related activities of the project.
- The GIS consultant will support the RISE team in preparing technical specifications of the appropriate hardware and software required to create the required GIS database.
- S/he will coordinate with the project team to recommend a GIS system including the themes and layers to be used.
- The GIS consultant will support spatial data collection, cleaning, quality assurance and analyses.
- The GIS consultant will develop cartographic products usable on several online platforms and hard copy communication materials, code for maps, run GIS automation and programming.
- Routinely update analysis and maps as required on the project and share these in appropriate and timely manner
- The GIS consultant will work closely with the SI Advisor in proposing strategies to increase data use and demand amongst program staff and support the program staff on ways to properly organize and capture program progress and document lessons learned.
- Perform other duties relating to the project assigned by the supervisor.
- BSc in Geography, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Geology, Surveying, Urban Planning and Geographic Information Systems.
- Relevant working knowledge of specialized software GIS packages: ArcGIS and QGIS to inform the development of web maps and multiple data visualization options; including the deployment of field based mobile data collection devices (i.e. ODK, CAPI, Kobo toolbox, etc)
- General knowledge of IT skills, including the use and manipulation of SQL databases and spreadsheets and programming languages (R, Python, etc)
- Proficiency in at least one statistical analysis package is an added advantage.
- Experience in map production, complex spatial data collection and management.
Familiarity with USAID/PEPFAR programs, Nigerian public sector health system and HIV/AIDS response.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit an Application letter and a CV as ONE SINGLE WORD document to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 4p.m on Tuesday 9 June 2020 candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified. The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer