ASC NIGERIA LTD
MEMBER OF THE ONSTREAM GROUP
JOB TITLE: SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER-MECHANICAL
LOCATION: RIVERS STATE
The successful candidate would support the Lead Design Engineer in this project Delivery Organization is ensuring effective coordination and delivery of design and engineering work for capital projects. Ensures that the mechanical (static/rotating) engineering design for assigned capital project is carried out safely to applicable codes and standards utilizing industry best practices to achieve free and on-schedule project delivery.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for delivering the mechanical (static/rotating) engineering design packages for projects, as appropriate for each phase , in line with the corporate goal of top-quartile, competitive and affordable projects.
- Apply the relevant project and engineering procedures in line with the appropriate and design requirement and ensure value creation and protection within the engineering design space.
- Ensure all mechanical (static/rotating) engineering discipline requirements and inputs are made into project documents such as BfD, BDEP, PES, PEP, ITT, etc, in close coordination with other technical disciplines to ensure an integrated delivery.
- Act as technical expert on projects within the projects organization and responsible discipline deliverables plan for projects. Liaise with the Corporate Engineering and other Technical Authority to provide appropriate technical assurance on projects.
- Carry out and perform basic and detailed design and engineering work: Design Calculations, Simulations, Work scope definition, Project Specifications, selection of standards, preliminary Design Drawings as may be required for specific projects
- Carry out mechanical (static/rotating) design reviews on third part design packages including, BDP, FEED, Detailed Design to ensure compliance of the deliverables with provisions of the applicable Design standards and specifications as part of the overall project quality assurance program.
- Provide support for mechanical (static/rotating) engineering studies and change impact analysis as part of the Management of Change (MOC) procedure. Review and advise on Construction Technical Queries (CTQ) and mitigate actual potential impacts on project philosophy and existing design.
The Right candidate should possess the following:
- A University degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Extensive experience (7-10 years) in the Oil & Gas industry with direct experience of project engineering design, construction and maintenance in Mechanical & Rotating equipment. At least 5 years should have been spent leading instrumentation engineering design.
- Experience shall include design, selection, construction of piping & valve systems, pressure vessel & heat exchangers and other process & rotating equipment
The right candidate shall be competent in the usage of the following software
- CEASER ii
- PDMS or E-3D
- Navis Work etc
Method of Applying:
All interested should forward CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org (include the position you applied for in the subject of your email
- The vacancy will close on the 9 July 2020
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted for interviews
• Any false information providing during or after the application process will lead to outright disqualification of such candidate(s)