Media Trust Limited, publishers of DAILY TRUST NEWSPAPER and other titles is desirous of recruiting competent, self-motivated and result- oriented candidates to fill the below positions:
POSITION: FINANCE MANAGER
Gender: Male or Female (Preferable)
The candidate will work under the supervision of the ED (Finance). He / She will ensure that the financial health of the company is enhanced and that a documented system of accounting policies and procedures is maintained in line with regulatory requirements and best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
Corporate Planning & Systems
- Would be involved in the formulation of various systems, policies, procedures, that are commensurate with the needs of the company.
- Would be involved in Financial projections of collaborations/joint ventures envisaged
- Would be involved in corporate planning during organizational restructuring at all levels.
- Budgeting, Forecasting. Cost & Credit Control, Margin Analysis, Costing & Profitability Analysis and Management Reporting.
- Preparation and submission of applications to Financial Institutions for financial assistance in form of Term Loans. Short Term Deposits and timely follow up for necessary sanctions, documentations and disbursements.
Accounts & Audit
- Finalization of accounts, divisional & branch accounting.
- Attending to statutory auditors, internal auditors
- Tax audit details preparation
- Debtors’ management and credit control.
- Accounting Standards and their implementation.
- Oversee Personal taxation – employees
- Oversee Filing of returns and attending to tax authorities for assessments and appeals.
Budgeting & Costing
- Costing – product and process
- Budget preparation and Budgetary controls.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a degree in finance or accounting or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience for a major company or division of a large corporation
- Preference will be given to candidates with ICAN or ACCA certification.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to presenting the results of analysis to management of Media Trust
- Candidate should have an outstanding knowledge of electronic spreadsheets
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Computer literate and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent time management skill
Interested candidates who satisfy the above requirements should go to career.dailytrust.com and apply for the position within one (1) week of this advertisement