International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of
Position: GBV WGSS Facilitator (5) MMC**, Jere, Mafa & Kondoga LGAs of Borno State.**
JOB ID: MDG/GBV/03
Nigerian nationals only
The WGSS Facilitator will be responsible for organizing and implementing group psychosocial activities at the women center including skills acquisition, knowledge building activities and recreational activities.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
· In coordination with beneficiaries, identify relevant skills building and recreational activities to be conducted at the women friendly spaces and draw up a schedule for activity implementation
· In coordination with volunteers / partners a weekly schedule for activities in the women center.
· Identify and make a requisition for all materials required to conduct Women Friendly Space activities
· Organize feedback sessions each quarter with beneficiaries of WGSS activities to identify strengths and weaknesses of the space and identify solutions for sharing with GBV manager for improvement.
· Coordinate with the case worker to ensure survivors who have been referred to the women center receive timely and quality services.
· In coordination with the GBV Manager, identify barriers to GBV and develop subsequent messages to overcome the barriers
· In coordination with women, leaders IOM/SEMA/NEMA organize and oversee the implementation on calendar day celebrations such as 16 days of activism, international women’s day, day of the African child, international day of the girl child etc.
· Conduct training and coaching sessions for volunteers / partners to deliver appropriate GBV messages to community members.
· Supervise community volunteers / partners during field work to ensure correct GBV messages are disseminated to the community.
· Conduct weekly meetings with volunteers / partners to collect sensitization reports, develop messages for the following week.
· Organize and implement bi weekly discussions with men in the community on GBV related topics
· Organize and implement monthly discussion sessions with adolescents on GBV related topics
· Compile weekly and monthly WFS activity reports
· Contribute to a positive team environment
· Practice self-care
· Maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct
Qualification and Experience:
· Educated to university level (First degree or HND preferably in social science or a related Field)
· Hausa Language required; English language preferred
· Demonstrated commitment to helping others
· Demonstrated discretion and good judgment
· Outgoing and friendly personality
· Experience facilitating group activities an asset
· Previous training/experience in GBV programming an asset
· Comfort in living and working in Maiduguri
· This is a woman-only position. Qualified women applicants are encouraged to apply.
OTHER COMMENTS: **
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors
Compliance & Ethics:
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.