VACANCIES: PROJECT OFFICER-MONITORING AND EVALUATION, ASSISTANT PROJECT ACCOUNTANT
OYO State Government established Community and Social Development Agency through the State Act of Parliament In 2008 with the responsibility of implementing the World Bank Assisted Community and Social Development Project (CSDP).
The main goal of the Agency is to support Human Capital Development of the poor. The objective is to increase access of poor people to social, “recovery” and natural resource infrastructure services through the provision of grant support to beneficiaries for identifying, prioritizing, implementing and maintaining of community driven micro-projects under approved Community Development Plans (CDPs).
Oyo State Government under Community and Social Development Project, Additional Financing requires the services of the following officers for CSDP.
Applications are invited from suitable qualified candidates from the State Public Service or Private Sector to fill the above vacancies.
Applicants are to submit 15 copies of written applications with Curriculum Vitae.
POSITION: PROJECT OFFICER, MONITORING & EVALUATION
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
At least a first degree in Social Sciences. Natural Sciences, Rural development and related fields, with at least 5 years post qualification experience part of which must relate to monitoring and evaluation of community based initiatives. Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in Community Driven Development (COD) is an added advantage
- Responsible for data collection, collation and analysis for field level activities
- Provide implementation assistance to MAE Manager
- Compilation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Monitor progress towards attainment of Targets and to adapt targets to realities.
- Provide an improved foundation for planning effective resource
- Identify unacceptable high cost interventions and operations.
- Provide record of events;
- Provide information base for future evaluations, maintain quality
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the M&C Manager
POSITION: ASSISTANT PROJECT ACCOUNTANT
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A University degree/HND in Accounting, Banking and Finance and/or their equivalents with at least five years post-qualification experience Membership of Professional Association such as ICAN, ACA, ACCA, ANAN and knowledge of computer based accounting packages and experience in donor funded or rural development project audit will be an added advantage
The Assistant Project Accountant shall be responsible for:
- Assisting in preparing budget and work plan for the SA
- Assisting to maintain the SA assets database.
- Assisting in to prepare monthly/quarterly reports in accordance with accounting reporting requirements.
- Assisting in preparing trial balance and balance sheet
Remuneration: All the posts attract remunerations commensurate with the mode of entry and in accordance with agreed terms with the World Bank
All applications duly signed and sealed should be addressed and delivered within two weeks from the dated of this publication (1 December, 2020) to:
The Board Chairman
Oyo State Commune and Social Development Agency,
No 18, Osuntokun Avenue
Old Bodija, Ibadan.
Criteria for short-listing
Only candidate with the required qualification and experience would shortlisted.