VACANCIES: MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR, BRANDING DIRECTOR
A LEADING PAN-AFRICAN BUSINESS GROUP with head office in Nigeria is seeking to engage experienced, intelligent, passionate and self-driven industry professionals to fill vacancies within the organization.
The Group offers very competitive and attractive remuneration packages, in a very dynamic and exciting work environment.
POSITION: MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR Ref: MCD/HOD
- Lead the Marketing Communications department, driving a high-performance, customer-centric, and results-based culture.
- Coordinate, supervise and account for the key units of Advertising, Corporate Communications, Creative. Branding. Digital and OOH of the Group.
- Develop monthly/quarterly/annual sales quotas around which overall Group marketing communications strategies and solutions are built within the Department and ensure that communications goals are met within the timelines.
- Map out integrated communications strategies that support sales plans, attract and retain new consumers, and encourage the spending rate of the business current consumers.
- Communicate quotas and commissions that will ensure the success of 360- degree IMC efforts and initiatives.
- Work closely with the marketing and sales departments in order to ensure effective sales prospecting and alignment of marketing approaches to minimize conflicts of interest and to enable a unified front in reaching for overall business goals.
- Work with the human resources department to source and retain quality personnel in order to guarantee smooth execution of human capital sourcing initiatives.
- Collate, aggregate and harness the Marketing Communications needs of each Business Units within the Group for effective and successful campaigns which achieve the overall Marketing and Sales objectives
- Gather ideas and feedback from the field and competitive scene leading to the formulation of more effective campaign strategies and solutions.
- Explore business data insights through relevant publications, seminars and events in order to continuously keep abreast of current industry best practices that will facilitate keeping the business ahead of its competition.
- Drive strategic product decisions through the evaluation of market-trends and prospective analysis of the business’s products and revenue performance.
- Lead the campaign process negotiations as well as ensure regulatory and vetting compliance prior to campaign and material exposures
- Perform other duties as may be directed by the company management.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- A minimum of 25 years working experience with at least 10 years in senior management position, preferably working as a Head of Advertising Sales, Head of Advertising Operations, Head of Advertising Technology or as a Director of Marketing Communications in a flagship/reputable multinational company.
- The ideal candidate will have vast experience working with modern Marketing Communications tools, platforms, and technologies.
- The candidate will also have had proven and successful experience managing an advertising agency or an IMC team from the conceptualization of a campaign to the successful achievement of its objectives.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. Communication of instructions and directives must be crystal clear down the line in order to ensure efficient performance of the advertising teams and hence the entire advertising department.
- Strategic thinking, high creativity and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (essentially Ms Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- The ideal candidate will be between 45 and 60 years of age.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- A Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences, Sales, Marketing, or any other relevant field.
- Postgraduate/Master’s Degree and additional qualifications in marketing, business administration, sales and allied fields from reputable institutions will be added advantage.
POSITION: BRANDING DIRECTOR Ref: BD OUT-OF-HOME DIRECTOR Ref: OOHD
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Sciences, Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing, Mass Communication, Economics or any other relevant discipline.
- An MBA or Masters Degree in Mass Communication or Communications Arts would be an added advantage.
- Professional certification and membership of professional bodies are a Must, e.g. APCON, OAAN, ADVAN.
- Minimum of 20 years progressive operational and managerial experience in developing communications/ promotional strategies in reputable Advertising Agencies/ Integrated Marketing Communications/ Outdoor Hoarding/ FMCG outfits with at least 7 years at Senior Managerial level.
- Experience in sales and marketing essentials with knowledge of the Telecoms industry, distribution channel, new technologies and customer needs.
- Remarkable Quantitative skills balanced with qualitative is essential-comfort with both numbers and design.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills with the proven ability to handle multiple projects and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent knowledge of key computer packages, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word, and strong analytical skills
- Strong Sales knowledge and Excellent negotiation skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of the entire Nigeria and proficiency of their relevant visibility needs and peculiarities
- Hands-on knowledge of, and relationship with various industry suppliers, partners and regulatory bodies.
- The ideal candidate will be between 40 and 55 years of age.
- Utilize exceptional knowledge of branding, OOH communications, Channels strategy and management to optimize brand visibility at every touch points
- Lead the Merchandising and Branding team to develop, maintain and sustain unmatched, effective and efficient visibility in the industry
- Demonstrate strong people, problem solving, communication, organizational, time management, and multitasking skills
- Evaluate and maintain effective category groupings, sequencing, site search filtering and categorization strategies that facilitate efficient search, reinforce a positive brand experience and support effective visual merchandising
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of market and product trends, opportunities and the competitive landscape
- Strong experience in measuring results, reporting, and effectively assessing KPI’s to drive result.
- Harmonious and synergized working relationship with other Marketing Communications units to deliver world- class Integrated Marketing Communications campaigns
- Ever ready to travel at the shortest notice pan Nigeria for on-site assessment of branding and merchandising assets.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Qualified candidates should e-mail their application and resume (MS Word) with a scanned passport photograph stating the above reference as the subject of the e-mail, within 14 days of this publication (27 January, 2020) to email@example.com
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Confidentiality is assured.