SENIOR MONITORING, EVALUATION AND LEARNING (MEL) ADVISOR
Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International, Inc. (“Creative”) is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, governance and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor is responsible for developing the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan (AMELP), and for establishing and managing all systems and activities related to measurement. The Senior MEL Advisor is responsible for performance monitoring and for tracking program results, indicators, and targets, as well as for designing and operationalizing research studies, in collaboration with the client and Ministry. S/he is responsible for the overall design and implementation of a monitoring evaluation and learning systems capable of tracking the project’s progress against identified targets and determining its outcomes. In this capacity, the Senior ME&L Advisor will design data collection procedures, tools, and process as well as oversee data collection efforts.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Senior MEL Advisor will report directly to the Chief of Party and will supervise various project staff.
- Lead and manage all major MEL tasks related to the project. This includes strategizing and conceiving monitoring, evaluation, learning plans, setting ongoing priorities; leading implementation, and reviewing technical progress of MEL component.
- Implement monitoring and evaluation processes including data quality assurance and data analysis and reporting.
- Ensure that the methodologies proposed to measure the programs impact on access, retention, reading and learning outcomes, school safety, community engagement, gender, social inclusion, and conflict sensitive measures, are consistent and systematically tracked and reported.
- Create and update a comprehensive MEL plan to ensure all requisite data are collected in a timely manner in order to report progress on performance indicators. This process includes routine (monthly/quarterly) appraisal of performance against targets, challenges to achievement as well as factors in success.
- Create a comprehensive data collection plan, including generation of forms, collection procedures, collection schedule and rapid appraisal of data (timely data monitoring).
- Routinely analyze implementation data and propose/revise performance targets to project leadership per indicators.
- Ensure data quality and accurate compilation of data and database management.
- Manage and oversee MEL staff. This includes conducting regular meetings with MEL Field Officers to improve MEL system and reinforcing capacities of MEL agents.
- Participate in data analysis for quarterly and annual reports and drafting data analysis sections. Prepare presentations of data for specific audiences as needed.
- Conceive, organize and conduct research as needed on identified topics in support of program objectives.
- Master’s Degree in education preferred, or in related social sciences.
- Seven (7) years of experience in monitoring and evaluating education programs.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring results and indicators of education quality, learning outcomes, access, retention and community engagement is preferred.
Creative Associates International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. EOE/AA. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.