VACANCIES: CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER, SENIOR LEGAL OFFICER
A new independent Oil exploration and Production Company requires the services of experienced and dynamic Candidates for the following Positions.
POSITION: CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
A new independent oil exploration and production company requires the services of an experienced and dynamic candidate for the position of a Chief Operating Officer to oversee the take-off of its operation.
The position requires a candidate with experience in Oil and Gas upstream management including reservoir management, engineering, geosciences, drilling, completion, production, surface facilities, etc.
Candidate will start the operation of the company and drive the business growth to operational excellence along the following lines:
- Develop and supervise the execution of exploration and production work program with respect to geosciences – (geophysical and geological), environmental activities, pre-drilling, evaluation and post drilling appraisal wells.
- Lead a group of geoscientists and engineers with regard to assets evaluation, leading to drilling and other operational matters
- Lead the development of the company’s short and long term strategies to meet the goals set by the board of directors Conduct technical and economic studies to define, plan and execute field development plans.
- Develop plans, identify and collate relevant documents for obtaining permits, approvals and consents for asset development Plan and execute the process of obtaining regulatory permits and project approvals for drilling and other field development activities from relevant authorities.
- Drive and manage the company activities, investments with corporate alliances/joint venture partners.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures.
- Planning, programming of investment requirements, estimates and budgets.
- Prepare and present reports from time to time to the Board of Directors and government agencies in all technical and operational matters
- Must have a bachelor degree in Petroleum Engineering or Geosciences; a second degree in MBA or Accounting/Social Science qualifications will be an advantage
- Must have a minimum of 18 years of continuous and progressive operational leadership and managerial experience in a reputable oil and gas exploration and production company.
- Must demonstrate competency in strategic planning and data analysis and performance/operations metrics.
- Must have interpersonal and high communication, skills and be problem soling
- Knowledge and fluency of French (oral and written) will be an added advantage.
POSITION: SENIOR LEGAL OFFICER
(Ability to speak and write French fluently is a must for this Role.)
UPSTREAM OIL & GAS OPERATIONS
Represent the company and negotiate with Joint ventures/co-ventures and government authorities and its upstream asset development.
- Drafting, vetting and confirmation of all contracts and all legal matters on behalf of the company
- Drafting/preparation and reviewing of various types of agreement such as drilling rigs agreement, and various specialized services for exploration and production activities, bank credit facility agreement, etc.
- Representation and participation in contractual meetings with third parties.
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on employment agreement between the company and employees.
- Provide commercial contract management & contract drafting of award strategies.
- Provision of legal briefs on litigation matters as at when necessary
- Representation of company with appropriate regulatory bodies.
- Providing secretarial/legal support services at Board and management meetings.
- Review of all proposals from contractors and subcontractors
- Drafting of MOU/MOA on behalf of the company
- Monitoring compliance with statutory obligations and service codes.
- Liaising with representatives of host communities at company’s field locations
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Maintain current knowledge and changes in petroleum laws and regulations.
- Applicants must possess the ability to write and speak French fluently.
- Have proven experience in legal matters pertaining to oil and gas business.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Bachelor of Law (LL.B), LL.M will be an added advantage. Ability to speak and write French is a must. If you don’t meet the requirement you need not to apply.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
If you meet the criteria above, send your CV in MS word to email@example.com using the subject as title of the mail.
Application closes on 21 April, 2021.