The NIGERIAN INSTITUTE OF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT is a professional body of Learning & Development (L&D) Practitioners registered in Nigeria to promote the science and practice of Learning and development nationwide.
POSITION: REGISTRAR & CHIEF EXECUTIVE
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting and accountable to the President/Chairman of Council, the Registrar/Chief Executive is charged with the following among others key roles:
- Act as Secretary to the Institute’s Governing Council, Executive Committee and Committees of Council.
- Serve as the official authorized keeper of the Institute’s membership records.
- Plan and develop strategies for the attraction of new members, maintenance and updating of existing members records.
- Provide professional guidance for individuals seeking membership or upgrading especially where continuing education is a requirement.
- Provide Council with current, accurate, complete information and unbiased advice for Council decision making and implement its policies, decisions and programs.
- Manage the Secretariat and activities of the Institute in accordance with the Institute’s Mission, Vision and Core Values, Bylaws, and Policies.
- Project all Institute’s Learning and Development programs including conferences, seminars and collaborations.
- Prepare and manage the Institute’s budget, financial records, revenues and expenditures, and all financial matters including audit/health check of the Institute in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and practice.
- Foster a work culture that supports the Core Values of integrity, accountability, commitment, respect, objectivity, sustainability, openness, and planning, including building a team that is consistent with the Institute’s regulatory mandate, Mission and Vision.
- B.A, B.Ed, B.Sc. Degree, A Master’s degree in Business Administration or Human Resources or related field is an advantage.
- At least 10 years cogent experience, 5 of which should be at managerial level.
- Membership of a professional body is essential.
KNOWLEDGE. SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Working knowledge gained through a combination of training and experience in management, administration, human resources, financial management, business and strategic planning.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures of an Institute.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse sector.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to develop, plan, and Implement short-and long-term goals.
- Demonstrate a professional decorum, tact, diplomacy, and a congenial manner, and can network within a forum of both Regulated Members and stakeholders, with the objective of building rapport and relationships.
- Demonstrate proactive approach and Independent problem-solving skills.
- Attractive, in relation to cognate experience and performance.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send their applications with full CV and contact details email@example.com.
Submission of applications closes two (2) weeks from the date of this publication (21 April, 2021).