AN UPCOMING TV STATION IN ABUJA IS SEEKING TO RECRUIT PERSONNEL TO FILL THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS
To work on all aspects of programme production including editing, templated graphics, and script writing. This role also includes being present in the gallery for transmission to time the programmes and monitor breaking stories. The Editor will collaborate with various departments for coverage needs.
- Participate in the editorial meeting and propose ideas on what news stories need more coverage and content development.
- Discuss ideas with the news teams and producers and decide on stories to be presented for the day.
- Approve guests and follows up with producers to contact guests and book studio time.
- Report and produce from the field, manage and motivate team, and originate and develop news and strands.
- Write scripts, headlines, promos and main pages in bulletins, openings and closings for programs/ reports and edit videos for stories to be presented.
- Direct the broadcasting crew during the shift.
- Follow up on presenters, directors, producers, production coordinator and the floor manager to ensure daily plan is executed during the broadcasting shift assigned.
- BSC/HND and at least 3 years’ working experience as an output editor
- Knowledge and experience of news and current affairs
- Outputting live and pre-recorded programmes
- Attention to detail, scrupulous checking of facts
- Cheerful positive thinker who is well organized
- Experience of Avid beneficial but not essential
- High quality news judgement with initiative
- Visual flair for spotting strong pictures and producing graphics
- Excellent writing ability
- Technical adaptability and flexibility
- Good interpersonal skills; a team player with personal authority and the ability to manage a group of people
- Calm under pressure with the ability to adapt and be flexible in task and role
- Ability to work to a deadline
The Director is responsible for the final product of a programme as it goes to air live, by trying to maintain quality output from the camera operators; as well as vision switchers, audio operators, graphic operators and floor manager in the control room or on location.
- Direct live and pre-recorded programmes or inserts, on location and in studio, from studio or on location.
- Input ideas, play a key role in production planning, give guidance and advice on story treatment in terms of production value, visual style and technical viability.
- Have a working knowledge of the production process for the full range of media output; be able to troubleshoot and ensure the most efficient working practices arc achieved and errors avoided
- Check and amend running orders/filming schedules to achieve both the technical and editorial requirements of the programme.
- Operate vision-mixing, sound, communications equipment for studio or location-based operation.
- Co-ordinate the assembly of all material required for the output, to liaise with technical and programme departments to gain the most efficient use of resources.
- Check and amend scripts & running orders to make them ready for location filming or transmission
- To be familiar with different technical systems, including news production systems, and to show a willingness to learn to operate new technology systems and to be able to adapt to different working methods.
- BSC/HND in any related field and at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience of location-based multi-camera programme directing
- Experience of studio directing on live and recorded programmes, both news and features.
- A thorough understanding of the craft of single camera film-making including familiarity with a range of production techniques, equipment and methods.
- Ability to understand operational, journalistic and production requirements
- Familiarity with broadcast technology, including the latest production equipment (cameras, lenses), automation & digital technologies.
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to acquire technical skills and to operate technical equipment is essential.
- The ability to work fast, accurately and under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Experience of vision mixing.
BROADCAST IT ENGINEER
The officer will support and maintain a range of broadcast and IT equipment and provide technical advice and expertise to operational and programme activities in the channel.
- To be responsible for maintaining technical equipment and systems to the required safety and technical standards with minimum disruption to operational activities.
- To interpret and diagnose technical problems reported from a range of sources
- To create and maintain asset records and technical documentation
- To understand the operation of technical equipment and the context of its use in production and broadcast activities
- Where required to undertake operational duties.
- To undertake project work, delivering to agreed technical, financial and time parameters.
- To provide technical advice to technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels.
- To provide input, advice and feedback on the suitability, sustainability and use of new products and processes
- To order spares and materials through the organisations procurement procedures seeking best value.
- To act quickly and pragmatically under pressure to prioritise and resolve technical faults and problems.
- To simplify and systematically analyse and evaluate technical problems
- Willingness to take initiative, originate action and be responsible for consequent decisions.
- To communicate dearly with a range of people at different levels of the organisation and explain and discuss technical issues using a range of styles, tools and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree HND in Broadcast Engineering or any related field
- At least three years’ experience working in a TV channel
- Understanding of radio and television and the associated transmission and carrier systems.
- Understanding of personal computers, servers, IT systems and networks.
- A keen interest in broadcast technology, its development and application Experience of working in a broadcast technology (or similar) environment.
Interested applicants should visit: https://www.careertvstation.com
The deadline for submission of application shall be seven (7) days from the date of publication.