The Foundation is seeking for qualified Capacity Building Coordinator, Peace Building Program. The Capacity Building Coordinator will be primarily responsible for supporting the Peace building Program by leading key capacity building initiatives, ensuring that conflict sensitive practices, lessons learned, and best practices are mainstreamed across the Partners for Peace Network and other identified stakeholders, and coordinating Monitoring & Evaluation collection efforts.
POSITION: CAPACITY BUILDING COORDINATOR
(1) Co-design and develop peace building training programs for the Partners for Peace (P4P) Network and other relevant stakeholders based on assessments and analysis undertaken by the Peace Building program unit and/or when key training gaps or insights are identified.
(2) Work with other Peace Building program staff in the creation of work plans and the identification of opportunities for training and conflict mitigation based on assessments and analysis of planned activities.
(3) Refine (in Coordination with the Research Coordinator) and conduct a training of trainers on conflict early warning, assessment, management, and resolution, and other related topics for P4P Network members.
(4) Provide oversight, technical assistance and mentoring to key partners to become more effective in their own capacity development, enabling a more efficient delivery of conflict mitigation and peacebuilding initiatives.
(5) Support the implementation of the comprehensive response programming with bias on prepositioning of capacity and assets, agility and quality of delivery by using a menu of tools and follow-up activities appropriate for the States, LGAs and CSO partners.
(6) Consistently conduct assessments, methods, materials, and measurement across identified relevant content areas to enhance effectiveness and best practices of partners’ peace building and conflict mitigation initiatives.
(7) Maintain lines of communication for effective Knowledge Management within PIND to promote maximum synergy across all peacebuilding programs/projects/activities and the organisation as a whole.
(8) Support the implementation of PIND’s gender equality and social inclusion policy strategy by drawing the attention of units and officers responsible (programs and operations staff) for specific actions identified in the implementation plan.
(9) Complete other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
HOW TO APPLY
DEADLINE: Friday, 30 April, 2021